[TxMt] "Paste Line to Paste Bin" Broken?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jun 20 01:03:56 UTC 2006

On 20/6/2006, at 2:43, Christopher Biagini wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2006, at 6:38 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> Nope, nothing I can reproduce. Has others experienced this?
> I've figured *something* out, but what it means, I have no idea. [...]

Do you have Fink installed?

And, could you try to change the script to:

   text_file, html_file = `/usr/bin/mktemp -t tm_paste && /usr/bin/
mktemp -t tm_paste`.split("\n")

> [...] (Which doesn't make sense to me, since if `File.unlink()` was
> somehow spitting out 1's, why isn't there a "1" at the *beginning*
> of the URL now?)

The problem might be, that the last unlink fails, making the script
fail (with error code 1) and AS then “reports” that.

Placing a print below the unlink would make the result from that, the
result of the script, making it not fail.

So the question is, why unlink fails. We’ve had two cases of “my
mktemp doesn’t work like the standard when given -t,” my thought is
that you might be a victim of this, although this manifested itself
differently for the user others, these got the problem in the actual
shell part, but not in the ruby part -- however, this could be a
difference in PATH, as the one has the bash PATH, the other the
Finder PATH -- one could have the standard mktemp first in the path,
the other last.