[TxMt] "Paste Line to Paste Bin" Broken?

Christopher Biagini lists at assortedgeekery.com
Tue Jun 20 00:43:40 UTC 2006

On Jun 19, 2006, at 6:38 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Nope, nothing I can reproduce. Has others experienced this?

I've figured *something* out, but what it means, I have no idea.

The call out to curl in paste_to_pastie.rb works perfectly when I
execute it in Terminal. Further, when I store the output of that call
to a variable, then write it to a file, the URL is, again, perfectly
correct.

Still, somehow AppleScript is getting an extra "1" thrown in there,
because it's there even if I immediately `display dialog` after the
`do shell script` call to paste_to_pastie.rb.

But what fixes the problem, and this is the part I don't understand,
is that if I store the output from curl, then print it after the
calls to `File.unlink()`, then everything works perfectly, every
time. (Which doesn't make sense to me, since if `File.unlink()` was
somehow spitting out 1's, why isn't there a "1" at the *beginning* of
the URL now?)

I even completely replaced the TM bundles with the latest from SVN
and it still happens.

--
Christopher Biagini
http://assortedgeekery.com/