[TxMt] latex template article_in.tex

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Sun Jun 18 19:19:47 UTC 2006

On Jun 18, 2006, at 11:07 AM, Andreas Duus Pape wrote:

> Hello.  I'm interested in modifying the LaTeX Article template.
> The Article template (from Edit Templates) uses a perl one-liner to
> import a file called "article_in.tex," where, I assume, most of the
> interesting stuff lives.  I can't for the life of me find
> "article_in.tex."  Where is it?
> (And the metaquestion, I guess, is "if I want to make substantive
> changes to the latex article template, is editing article_in.tex in
> fact the right thing to do?)

In the bundle editor, the template item has a little disclosure arrow
on its right. Clicking that will show you the enclosed .tex file.
I would suggest duplicating the template from within the bundle
editor, and then editing the new version. No particular reason to
mess with the built in Article template.
If on the other hand you think that some of your modifications would
benefit everyone, then let me know and I'll see about possibly
modifying the built in article template.

Btw, if you go to the terminal and navigate to where your bundle
items are stored (~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles for
me) and navigate in Latex.tmbundle for example, you'll see how the
templates are being stored. They are essentially just folders
containing an info.plist and any other helper files. I would however
strongly encourage you to work from within the bundle editor, instead
of altering those files from the terminal, for a number of reasons.

Haris