[TxMt] ANN: Live Preview Filter for CSS, HTML, Textile, Markdown, Rails Views & Live Diffs

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 18:44:04 UTC 2006

On Jun 12, 2006, at 12:38 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 12/6/2006, at 18:16, Knut Erik Andersen wrote:
>
>>> Enjoy instant-ish feedback!!!!1!
>>> http://textmate.svn.subtlegradient.com/Support/bin/
>>> 42_TextMate_live_preview.rb
>> I love this thing, but I have some problems with lag/lost
>> keystrokes/spinning ball when i edit the file I'm previewing.
>> I have played with the refresh-settings, but they doesn't seem to
>> fix the problem.
>
> Ah, I believe this is the new way TM handles command execution --
> since now it will respond to (most) events while executing a
> command, it means key presses are dropped.

An excellent new feature!, btw

> I do plan to run this preview thing async. [1], which would solve
> the problem -- for now though, there isn’t much to do to avoid the
> lost key presses.

I was just about to propose that, but have no idea what it would take
to do that.
Maybe i'll do something to speed it up in the mean time. Any
suggestions? Would a regular bash script be faster then ruby? Would
it help if I didn't write it in an incredibly crappy way?

> [1] I also plan that reload thing of commands with HTML output
> mentioned earlier in the thread…

You've just made my day, again.

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient