[TxMt] ANN: Live Preview Filter for CSS, HTML, Textile, Markdown, Rails Views & Live Diffs

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Jun 12 16:38:00 UTC 2006

On 12/6/2006, at 18:16, Knut Erik Andersen wrote:

>> Enjoy instant-ish feedback!!!!1!
>> http://textmate.svn.subtlegradient.com/Support/bin/
>> 42_TextMate_live_preview.rb
> I love this thing, but I have some problems with lag/lost
> keystrokes/spinning ball when i edit the file I'm previewing.
> I have played with the refresh-settings, but they doesn't seem to
> fix the problem.

Ah, I believe this is the new way TM handles command execution --
since now it will respond to (most) events while executing a command,
it means key presses are dropped.

I do plan to run this preview thing async. [1], which would solve the
problem -- for now though, there isn’t much to do to avoid the lost
key presses.

[1] I also plan that reload thing of commands with HTML output
mentioned earlier in the thread…