[TxMt] Bundle items, Unicode & SVN

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 13:47:50 UTC 2006

On Jun 11, 2006, at 9:27 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 8/6/2006, at 19:47, thomas Aylott wrote:
>
>> I get:
>> svn: Invalid control character '0x09' in path 'Snippets/
>> untitled        with tab.tmSnippet'
>
> For me:
>
>    % touch $'test\ttab.txt'
>    % svn add $'test\ttab.txt'
>    A         test  tab.txt
>
> I.e. works fine.
I'm happy for you.
But that still doesn't help me.
If 1.3.1 fixes it then that's great, but it doesn't help me share
this stuff. People aren't go to bother upping to the latest point
point release just to use by bundles.

>> That's just when trying to add it to the repo.
>> Subversion command-line client, version 1.3.0.
>> Mac OS X 10.4.6
>> Internal HD HFS+
>> Svn repo stored on dreamhost i686 GNU/Linux
>
> I believe I am running subversion 1.3.1, this is from DarwinPorts.
> I also use 10.4.6 and HFS+. If your failure happens while adding
> the file, the off-site storage shouldn’t matter.

When trying to checkout to my dreamhost server, i get:
svn: Can't recode string
It doesn't give the specific file that it has a problem with , but if
i remove the crazy unicode characters in the names around where it
stopped, it's good to go.

I still think it would be best to save the file names to be
compatible with lowest common denominator. It doesn't even matter
what the file names are since the real full name is stored in the
thing itself.

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient