[TxMt] GTD Upgraded

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 9 16:27:16 UTC 2006

On Jun 9, 2006, at 11:14 AM, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

> Since I am not really up-to-date with my programming skills (I
> would like to pick up ruby and ruby on rails… any good pointers for
> reading?) I have no solution yet, but I am willing to help out.

Ok, I guess a bit off topic, but I would recommend the "pickaxe" book
(aka "programming ruby") and the "agile development with rails" from
the pragmatic programmers (http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/shopsite_sc/
store/html/index.html).

I strongly recommend ordering directly from them. This way you have
the option of getting just a pdf version if you prefer, and most
importantly almost all your money goes directly to the authors. And
they are really good in their service. (at least as far as my
experience with them goes) You get the pdf version within 15 minutes
of placing your order.

Of course a place to start is the old (free,online) version of the
book which can be found here:
http://rubycentral.com/

Though the new version is enhanced in a number of considerable ways.

Haris