[TxMt] 1001 suggestions in shining armour

Sean Schertell sean at datafly.net
Fri Jun 9 02:07:15 UTC 2006

> Ok. There are advantages and disadvantages to both.
> Personally, the drawer works perfectly well enough for me.
> I just don't much like the look of it. Even after I hacked the nib
> files.

I think I speak for most of the "kill the drawer" crowd when I say this:
We don't want to just kill the drawer and replace it with nothing --
we want it to be replaced with a very similar pane but with improved
usability and slightly better usage of screen real estate.  Just as
Apple did with Mail.app.  There should still be an option to hide the
pane altogether just as there is now with the drawer.  But the most
significant difference is that when made visible, the pane would grow
*inward* reducing the size of your code view rather than the way the
current way the drawer opens *outward* whether there's enough space
available or not.

I'm frankly at a complete loss to understand how anyone could think
current drawer functionality is better for usability in this regard.
Anyone care to enlighten me? ;-)

Sean

::::  DataFly.Net  ::::
Complete Web Services