[TxMt] 1001 suggestions in shining armour

Mark Grimes mark at stateful.net
Thu Jun 8 15:43:20 UTC 2006

On Jun 8, 2006, at 4:35 AM, thomas Aylott wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2006, at 3:48 AM, Luc Heinrich wrote:
>> On 7 juin 06, at 09:54, Andreas Wahlin wrote:
>>
>>> Such a comprehensive list and not a singel mention of chunk-undo ˆ_ˆ
>>
>> Not to mention the braindead block editing zero-column selection.
>> Oh, and the death of that fugly drawer! :)
>
> I'm with you on the drawer. It's SO two years ago.
> I want the files thing to look like the one in mail and iTunes.

If this changes I'd really like to see the drawer continue to be an
option.  NSDrawer is recommended for use when the data contained in
them needs to be accessed by not all the time.  Of course this
concept fails miserably for Mail particularly since mailboxes are
something you hop around all the time.  Personally I almost never
access the drawer once I've setup my tab view, and if I need to
access a file I use cmd-T.

FWIW, I don't think this is a aesthetics thing because lacking a
drawer increases the amount of horizontal space required out of the
editor.  Given the way I prefer to layout my workspace (http://
flickr.com/photos/mgrimes/159783736/) being forced out of a drawer
would force an editor that normally consumes less screen real estate
than documentation to no longer be adequately used side-by-side
documentation.

--
Mark Grimes
Stateful Labs