[TxMt] Re: textmate Digest, Vol 21, Issue 14

marios tmtxpstuff at consking.com
Wed Jun 7 21:28:08 UTC 2006

> > Embedded snippets are presently not supported. They can be inserted
> > using key equivalents or the ?Select Bundle Item?? functionality of
> > latest cutting edge builds, but the tab triggers will not work inside
> > a snippet, nor will an inserted snippet, inside a snippet context,
> > merge the two ?tab chains.?

I finally managed to find a workaround,I understood about the key
equivalents.Currently I have an extra bundle , that consists of a couple
of macros and nested macros and a couple of snippets.
It only works, when I place the zero variable right after the last
variable(which in this case is also the first one) of the the root snippet.
Currently in the final Grammartech Bundle, I can generate the code
(thousands of lines) for The Texpattern Language Grammar just with three
different scoped key bindings,(Shift tab, tab, and shift enter)that
represent the tab stops to insert the values for the tags, and it will
loop back to the beginning of the routine for each tag. (fantastic).
And all that in only half an hour.(With either the txp wiki page or the
tag manual print next to me to insert the names , values and attribute
names at the appropriate placeholder tab stops.
Actually it took me more time, to figure that one out, than the Grammar
itself.
(I'll post it here, so you can take a look at it if you like)

I'm aware, that there a much better ways to do this, like a command
that uses a perl script for example, but I'm an absolute novice, when it
comes to that.

[snip]...............[snip]

My apologies, it was actually a typo in the scope name of the Language item.

> > As for resetting them, this depends on which key bindings you have
> > set, there are basically 3 types [1]

> > For help with this, please:
> >
> >   1) drag the language grammar from the bundle editor to Finder, then
> > to Mail (should produce a tmLanguage file)
> >
> >   2) send a snippet of code which is ?not working?

> > This only works on Tiger (and is default) -- are you using Tiger?

I am using Tiger, 10.4.6

> > [1] http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/key_bindings#key_bindings

Best regards, marios