[TxMt] TextMate keeping files open?

John Tsombakos tsom467 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 21:08:38 UTC 2006

On 6/7/06, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/2006, at 22:44, John Tsombakos wrote:
>
> > [...] Is there any way to get TextMate to "let go" and let me
> > dismount the
> > volume? Sure, I can quit TextMate, but that seems a little extreme..
>
> I am not aware of me holding on to anything. I open the file, read
> the contents, then close it again.
>
> This might be a problem with the open/save panels though. Could you
> try to open these, and navigate to a non-AFP hosted folder and see if
> that solves it?

It's odd because it doesn't happen all the time. I mounted the volume
and opened some files and, as suspected, lsof doesn't show TextMate
having a file open. Even after I make a change and save the file -
doing the same operations I did while actually working on the files.
(they're HTML pages and I did have the web preview window open too..
thought that may have some bearing - but I just did that too and don't
see anything.)

FYI..I hadn't used the open/save panels earlier - just dragging files
to the Dock icon.