[TxMt] Latex grammar problem

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 1 05:51:45 UTC 2006

On May 31, 2006, at 11:47 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 31/5/2006, at 16:27, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>> [...] The scope for the Miscellaneous item is text.latex. I am
>> thinking it should perhaps also work in source.tex ?
>
> That sounds right.

So does this mean the scope should be  text.latex, or source.tex, or
both?

> Interesting… well, I don’t do much LaTeX so I don’t have any strong
> feelings about this. But not coloring strings does seem a little
> strange, I think stand-alone double quotes would be rather rare.
>
> So I think we should let go of the single quotes (in pairs), but
> still keep double quoted strings, but then include $base inside the
> string, to still get normal LaTeX parsing.

I went ahead and committed this change. The weird thing now however
is that if I type a dollar sign inside the double-quoted string, it
does not do smart inserting of the corresponding closing dollar sign.
Is this just a problem in my installation somehow?

There was some weird matching of things of the form \. where dot is
anything taking place in the syntax for double-quoted strings, which
I removed since I did not see what it was good for. It just messed
with all commands. I just had the patterns include $base.

Btw, perhaps the double-quoted strings should be moved to source.tex?
After all, they are valid in TeX.

Haris