[TxMt] Latex grammar problem

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Jun 1 04:47:09 UTC 2006

On 31/5/2006, at 16:27, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> [...] The scope for the Miscellaneous item is text.latex. I am
> thinking it should perhaps also work in source.tex ?

That sounds right.

> Also, perhaps we should consider not considering single quoted
> strings as such. Perhaps the same for the double quotes. The
> problem is that any arbitrary LaTeX construct is allowed between
> the quotes, in fact the quotes are not even required to close. They
> are treated by LaTeX just as regular characters, not as pairs,  so
> perhaps we should treat them the same way.

Interesting… well, I don’t do much LaTeX so I don’t have any strong
feelings about this. But not coloring strings does seem a little
strange, I think stand-alone double quotes would be rather rare.

So I think we should let go of the single quotes (in pairs), but
still keep double quoted strings, but then include $base inside the
string, to still get normal LaTeX parsing.