[TxMt] Latex/Tables - Alignment at &

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Sun Jul 30 22:16:53 UTC 2006

On Jul 30, 2006, at 4:21 PM, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

> There is another Problem if a table row contains a \&: the command
> thinks this is a & for alignment, but in the end it deletes the
> overhanging table cell!

Yes, I kind of expected that to happen actually. I went for the
quickest and dirtiest method I could come up with, mostly to show
that you can do it with a very short script. For a quick fix, define
a command, say \amp, that generates \&, and use that instead.

As for unicode support, it is a bit complicated, and there is a quite
long thread in ruby-talk you can follow if you are interested. It's
not that you can't use unicode characters in strings, you can. Also,
regular expressions will work just fine. But a couple of commands
like “length” and “downcase” and others won't do the “right thing”.

> Dan

Haris