[TxMt] Making prototypes $ easier to type

Andreas Wahlin andreaswahlin at bredband.net
Sat Jul 15 08:36:50 UTC 2006

Sorry about the subject.
The thing is, I type $('') quite a lot, so much that even a tab-
trigger isn't ideal. I'd like to have a key-trigger of $ to just
activate the thing. The dealbreaker though is that I also use $$
sometimes, and of course an american might use $ for some other reasons.
So I wonder, can you have some "smart" entering here, like the
parentheses in a way.
The behaviour I'd like is that if I just type $, it will expand to $
('$1')$0 (shorthand snippet syntax), but if I hit delete directly
after typing $, it will revert the thing to a simple $-character.
Hope I'm making myself clear :)

btw, Martin Ström, this could be integrated into your new prototype/
scriptaculous bundle ˆ_ˆ

Andreas