[TxMt] LaTeX PDF Preview

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 3 23:02:38 UTC 2006

On Jul 3, 2006, at 5:08 PM, Christian Bogen wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better to use the TM_TSCOPE variable which the LaTeX
> bundle help already mentions? Bundles are frequently updated, so
> editing a hardcoded path in the bundle itself seems not ideal. I
> for one keep all LaTeX related apps in /Applications/TeX. Something
> like

Good point, I was not aware of this variable. I changed the command
to use it.

> "$TM_TSCOPE"/TeXniscope.app/Contents/Resources/forward-search.sh
> "$TM_LINE_NUMBER" "$TM_FILEPATH" "$PDF";

That should actually be:
"${TM_TSCOPE:=/Applications}"/TeXniscope.app/Contents/Resources/
forward-search.sh "$TM_LINE_NUMBER" "$TM_FILEPATH" "$PDF";

since not everyone has TM_TSCOPE set ;)
> (I don't quite understand if simply TM_TSCOPE/... would also work.
> Also the bundle help should probably clarify whether to give the
> TM_SCOPE path with or without a trailing slash, with or without the
> app itself etc.)

The help says: “If set this variable contains the path to the
TeXniscope application. If not set it defaults to /Applications”

I think the path that it defaults to is a very good indicator of what
it should be set to.

> Christian

Haris