[TxMt] LaTeX PDF Preview

Christian Bogen christian.bogen at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 3 22:08:48 UTC 2006

Am 23.06.2006 um 22:31 schrieb Charilaos Skiadas:

> Thanks Nicholas, indeed this is very useful. I just committed a fix
> with it. It needed a slight change for the event that TeXniscope is
> not the previewer. Actually, I just changed it completely to use
> forward-search instead, for the cases where one uses a master file
> with includes, and has the TM_LATEX_MASTER. This is the replacement:
>
> if [[ $(tr <<<"$V" '[A-Z]' '[a-z]') == texniscope ]]; then
>         /Applications/TeXniscope.app/Contents/Resources/forward-
> search.sh "$TM_LINE_NUMBER" "$TM_FILEPATH" "$PDF";
>     fi
>   open -a "$V" "$PDF"
>
> If you've placed TeXniscope somewhere else, then you need to change
> the path above.

Wouldn't it be better to use the TM_TSCOPE variable which the LaTeX
bundle help already mentions? Bundles are frequently updated, so
editing a hardcoded path in the bundle itself seems not ideal. I for
one keep all LaTeX related apps in /Applications/TeX. Something like

"$TM_TSCOPE"/TeXniscope.app/Contents/Resources/forward-search.sh
"$TM_LINE_NUMBER" "$TM_FILEPATH" "$PDF";

(I don't quite understand if simply TM_TSCOPE/... would also work.
Also the bundle help should probably clarify whether to give the
TM_SCOPE path with or without a trailing slash, with or without the
app itself etc.)

Christian