[TxMt] feature request: non-applescript external editor protocol

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Jan 26 23:28:50 UTC 2006

On 26/1/2006, at 19:54, m-junk at still-crazy.org wrote:

> but then it occurred to me that it ought to be easy for TM to
> support a more scripter-friendly version of the same protocol, e.g.
> [...]

Have a look at stakeout: http://michael-mccracken.net/blog/blosxom.pl/
2004/07/28

This will allow you to have your script notified when the file is
saved (but not closed, for which there is mate -w).

As for receiving AppleScript events from a shell tool, that's not
really possible AFAIK because the sender needs to have the receivers
four character code, which is something only “real” applications have.