[TxMt] adding to or modifying the symbol list for LaTeX?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 26 00:03:54 UTC 2006

On Jan 25, 2006, at 5:37 PM, Matthias Damm wrote:

> Am 25.01.2006 um 23:36 schrieb Charilaos Skiadas:
>
>> Matthias, do you have any reference for this? Is this documented
>> behavior? Is it special to TexShop, or general to LaTeX?
>
> I don't think it is general to LaTeX, and the only reference for
> TeXShop I found is in the version history (http://www.uoregon.edu/
> ~koch/texshop/version.html):
>
> 	Tags: a source code line which begins with %: is interpreted as a
> tag and listed in the tag pulldown menu.
> 	Choosing a tag scrolls to the corresponding line in the source code.
>
> But it is very helpful :-)

Well, it's there now! Hope it works as you expect it to. (You do
update through subversion, right?)

> I downloaded TMCodeBrowser, but I am neiter sure if I understand
> what it does, nor do I know exactly what I would have to change.
> In other words: I don't really have a clue what I have to do ...

In your home directory, TMCodeBrowser should have created a file
titled ".ctags.tmcodebrowser". It is not visible in finder I think,
but you can see it if you type "ls .c*" in the terminal. You would
want to edit this file in textmate, so in the terminal you would want
to run a command like "mate .ctags.tmcodebrowser".
If the file is not there, then you would want to create it.

This file contains a section for latex, which looks like this:

--langdef=latex
--langmap=latex:.tex
--regex-latex=/\\label\{*([^} \t]+)[ \t]*\}/\1/l,label/
--regex-latex=/^\\(sub)*section{([^}]*)}/\2/s,section/

If it doesn't then add it.
To get the comments, you would probably have to add a line like this:
--regex-latex=/(%:.*)/\1/c,comment/
or if you want it to only match at the beginning of a line:
--regex-latex=/^(%:.*)/\1/c,comment/

> I'l like to mention two other things:
>
> - TextMate removes the "\section" etc. commands in the menu and
> indents the text, but this is not done for \part, \chapter.
> Is this the desired behavior?

No, just neglect on our part. I'll try to fix it.

> - In koma-script alternative forms of the document structure
> commands exist: \addpart, \addchap and \addsec (which generate
> unnumbered headings) and \minisec. Is it possible to add those as
> well?

I don't know anything about koma-script, but if it is not standard
latex behavior I would rather we create a separate bundle for it,
which could be done if anyone wants to do it. I can help, but
probably wouldn't want to be in charge of creating it. We've done
something like that for the beamer class. Is this something similar
perhaps? You can have a look at the beamer class and create your a
similar syntax for koma-script.
> And I think there is a bug in TextMate when you use the search in
> the Bundle editor.
>
> Do the following to reproduce it:

Allan is aware of the problem. Don't know if he has a solution yet.

> Thanks,
> Matthias
>
> --
> Matthias Damm
> mad at macpla.net
> PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
> PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41

Haris