[TxMt] cocoApell really slows down TextMate

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Jan 24 03:30:47 UTC 2006

I have been using TM (1.5 (906)) off and on for a couple of days now
and I noticed this evening that typing had become glacially slow. I
ran the Activity Monitor and noticed that as I type, cocoAspell
(2.0.2) was using about 70% of the processor on a 1.5 GHz PowerBook
G4. I turned off "Check Spelling As You Type" and the problem went
away. I haven't noticed this problem in any other app for which I am
checking spelling as I type. Is this a known issue and/or is there
some way for me to fix it? This is under Mac OS X 10.4.4.

Thank you,

-- Gary