[TxMt] adding to or modifying the symbol list for LaTeX?

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Jan 24 01:32:51 UTC 2006

On Jan 23, 2006, at 4:20 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2006, at 9:19 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
>> That did it -- thank you.
>>
>> Is there a way I can get it to recognize \paragraphs and indent
>> them one level more than \subsubsections?
>>
> Sure there is! Just add the line:
>         s/^\\paragraph\{(.+)\}/   $1/g;
>
> right before the    s/(?<=\\|sub)sub/ /g;     line.
> Note, I would suggest copying and pasting the above line, because
> the spaces from / to $1 are not regular spaces, they are em-spaces,
> special characters.
>
> In general, may I make one suggestion. You will find that you will
> be able to use TextMate's power a lot more if you get more
> comfortable with some of the regular expressions/sed stuff. In
> particular, TextMate's find dialog utilizes this, allowing you to
> do some very interesting and elaborate search and replace stuff.
> Browsing around the various commands in the various bundles can
> give you tons of examples, and you can always email the list or ask
> at the irc channel for more ideas.
> Btw, you might want to also take a look at the TmCodeBrowser
> plugin, if you haven't yet. It's pretty cool, and for many things
> more useful than the symbol list.

Thank you. That did the trick.

Yes, I am trying to acquire the ability to customize TextMate, but it
has been slow going. In fact, a colleague and I spent a couple of
hours trying to get something to work in the LaTeX language file and
we were never successful. I may post a follow-up question this evening.

Thank you again,

-- Gary