[TxMt] adding to or modifying the symbol list for LaTeX?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 23 21:20:51 UTC 2006

On Jan 23, 2006, at 9:19 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> That did it -- thank you.
>
> Is there a way I can get it to recognize \paragraphs and indent
> them one level more than \subsubsections?

Sure there is! Just add the line:
         s/^\\paragraph\{(.+)\}/   $1/g;

right before the    s/(?<=\\|sub)sub/ /g;     line.
Note, I would suggest copying and pasting the above line, because the
spaces from / to $1 are not regular spaces, they are em-spaces,
special characters.

In general, may I make one suggestion. You will find that you will be
able to use TextMate's power a lot more if you get more comfortable
with some of the regular expressions/sed stuff. In particular,
TextMate's find dialog utilizes this, allowing you to do some very
interesting and elaborate search and replace stuff. Browsing around
the various commands in the various bundles can give you tons of
examples, and you can always email the list or ask at the irc channel
for more ideas.
Btw, you might want to also take a look at the TmCodeBrowser plugin,
if you haven't yet. It's pretty cool, and for many things more useful
than the symbol list.
> -- Gary

Haris