[TxMt] How was the skiing?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Jan 23 12:01:15 UTC 2006

On 23/1/2006, at 2:12, Timothy Bates wrote:

> Glad to see you back on deck! But the important textmate question
> is....
>
> How was the skiing at Val Thorens? Good snow? Lift cues?
>
> Hope you had a great break!

It was all very good indeed, thanks.

We had clear blue sky the first week, and then got new snow (and a
lot of haze) in the start of the second week, which was needed at
that time, and after that, sunny again -- so a good trade-off weather-
wise (although a little more snow would have been nice).

Lift queues were surprisingly short -- and boy did we get a lot of
cheese :)

> You must be dreading your inbox ;-)

It wasn't as bad as I'd feared, but OTOH it takes much longer to
reply to it all than I'd thought (I still have a few dozens that
needs answering).

But I see that this list has saved me from a lot of answering --
thanks all for helping out the newbies! And notice the increase in
mailing list traffic from roughly the day of my departure (or it
could be the 1.5 release that attracted new users):