[TxMt] Auto-close markup

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Jan 23 01:21:44 UTC 2006

On 9/1/2006, at 22:35, Trevor Harmon wrote:

>> We need to write a new command that will duplicate the behavior,
>> so that the hardcoded one can be retired.
> Certainly, but that's not a user interface issue. Timothy, if I
> understand him correctly, was proposing to change the interface all
> around with context-sensitive menus, and that's what I was
> disputing: The only INTERFACE (not implementation) change necessary
> is to move Insert Closing Tag into a bundle.

The Insert Closing Tag should indeed be re-implemented as a command
and placed in the HTML/XML bundle, also because the current
implementation fails for some of the mixing of HTML with embedded
languages (PHP) that some users do (having it as a command would mean
at least these users could modify it).

But currently it hasn't been a priority.