[TxMt] Bug in ruby bundle

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Jan 23 01:18:02 UTC 2006

On 9/1/2006, at 16:00, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2006, at 8:52 AM, Sune Foldager wrote:
>> On 09/01/2006, at 15:34, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>> Again, please compare the few cases where you need # without { to
>> the MANY where you need them together.
> I do agree that this is the main use of #, that's why I'm only 70%
> behind the idea of changing the behavior. But I would at least
> expect that pressing backspace after you've pressed # would remove
> both braces, not just the left one. It would be great if we can
> arrange for that. As it stands, it does not behave consistently
> with smart-typing.

The #{…} snippet is (for me) also very useful for wrapping text in
strings. Otherwise the macro approach sounds good.

As for the } macro, I think we can remove that w/o any real loss --
ideally snippets should be able to (implicitly) markup text as being
smart-typing pairs.

I'm curious to why the OP has smart typing disabled as I am very
close to remove the ability to disable smart typing.

> On a slightly related subject, I do find it a bit irritating that
> it is much easier to add smart pairs around some text than it is to
> remove them. It would be nice if there was a command that looks at
> the characters at either side of the cursor/selection, and if they
> match then it removes them. This could help in this case also. I am
> not used to forward deleting, so the extra } is a real pain for me.

Some sort of strip command sounds like a good idea. I.e. it'd strip
any paired characters that surrounds the current word. Should be
doable as a command, if only we can find a good key for that :)