[TxMt] bundle not remembering things?

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon Jan 23 00:40:33 UTC 2006

On Jan 22, 2006, at 5:41 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Jan 22, 2006, at 3:39 PM, Mikael Säker wrote:
>
>> I am experiencing similar problems. When do bundle-data get saved?
>
> When asking such questions, please state what version of TM you are
> running, and whether you have done a subversion checkout for the
> bundles, and where do those reside.

I am using TextMate 1.5 (906).

As for the latter two questions, I am afraid that you are going to
have to guide me a bit since I have almost no idea what you are
talking about. After a little poking around, the only TextMate bundle
I can find is at:

/Users/gray/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle

> I don't really have an answer to your questions, except that most
> bundle stuff is saved as it takes place, and closing the bundle
> editor probably definitely saves it.
>
> Gary,
>
> 1) you don't get to control the order of the snippets and
> templates, I think.

Then consider this a feature request to be able to do that. :-)

In fact, it would be nice if snippets within a bundle could be
grouped via subfolders. For example, in the LaTeX bundle you might
have several snippets within a folder called "Equations" and several
in one called "Lists", etc.

> 2) The two disappearing templates are worry-some. Can you recreate
> them, tell us  how you created them etc? We need reproducible test
> cases of the problems in order to fix them (well, in order for
> Allan to fix them, this is probably a TM issue, not a bundles issue).

I will create them again and see if I have problems. They way I
originally created them was by simply duplicating one that was
already there and then modifying it.

> 3) The "Filter list..." problem is an interesting one. Just
> wondering, do you get any messages in the console? Open console.app
> and look at console.log, see if there are any messages from TextMate.

There are a few. Here are the entries from about the time I was doing
stuff:

2006-01-22 15:55:12.025 TextMate[989] *** -[NSCFDictionary
setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil key
2006-01-22 15:56:59.709 TextMate[989] *** -[NSCFDictionary
setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil key
2006-01-22 15:58:11.211 TextMate[989] *** -[NSCFDictionary
setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil key
2006-01-22 16:05:08.528 TextMate[989] Exception raised during posting
of notification.  Ignored.  exception: *** -[NSCFDictionary
setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil key
2006-01-22 16:08:41.908 TextMate[989] Exception raised during posting
of notification.  Ignored.  exception: *** -[NSCFDictionary
setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil key

> 4) Are you running your computer as administrator?

Yes.

> Mikael,
>
> 	can you be more specific/give examples that we could perhaps
> reproduce?

I understand that these things are hard to fix without something that
is reproducable. I will see what I can do.

-- Gary