[TxMt] newbie & textmate & Texniscope

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 20 15:00:45 UTC 2006

On Jan 20, 2006, at 8:41 AM, Christof Janssen wrote:

> Thanks, I have seen these and your tip did the trick. Just
> wonderful, thanks a lot. -- I just seem to have problems with
> pdfsync - When I Shift Command in Texniscope it opens up a new
> Textmate window every time I do that instead of switching to the
> window already open.

In the Paths tab of the preferences, I've set the Editor command to
'open' and the
Editor arguments to:
'"txmt://open?url=file://%file&line=%line"'
Notice the double quotes, they need to be part of the line.
  Then command-clicking does the trick for me, without opening a new
window.

There's also another suggestion in the comments to my first
screencast, using the command line tool mate, but I haven't tried that.

If you are still having trouble, perhaps you could send me a sample
file exhibiting the behavior? Then we'll know if it's a deeper issue,
or whether some settings need to be set on your machine (though I
can't think what right now).

Haris