[TxMt] HTML/CSS/Markdown suggestions

Soryu Soryu at serenity.de
Thu Jan 12 17:03:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have some small suggestions to the HTML, CSS and Markdown Bundle.

# HTML

## Refresh Running Browser(s)

Change Scope to `text.html, source.css` so the Browser can be
refreshed when editing the CSS file.

## Minor syntax stuff

	php-source = { patterns = (
			{	name = 'comment.line.number-sign.ruby';
				match = '#.*?(?=\?>)';
			},
			{	name = 'comment.line.double-slash.ruby';
				match = '//.*?(?=\?>)';
			},
			{	include = 'source.php'; },
		);
	};

Ruby mixed with php?

# Experimental/CSS

What about those Experimental Bundles? I use the CSS syntax from
there and it would be nicer if it was in the CSS bundle. Because
calling the Gear (Bundle Stuff) menu (Control-Escape) puts you there
and not in the CSS bundle. The experimental CSS syntax has been
around for quite some time and I wonder if it still is work in
progress? It seems to be better than the official CSS Syntax anyway.

# Markdown

## Suggestion: Markdown with [SmartyPants](http://daringfireball.net/
projects/smartypants/)

“Preview”/“Preview in Browser” or “Convert Document/Seletion to HTML”
Pipe it through `Smartypants.pl` (must be added to the repos.) to
have nicer HTML.
There should not be any problems so one could add it to the default
commands instead of creating an additional variant with SmartyPants.
I wonder why John Gruber did not combine them in the first place.

# Conclusion

That's it for now.

Have a nice day,
Soryu.

PS: Why do I not simply make those changes for myself? I did but then
I won't be able to use better bundle items from the repository or
even a new TextMate release because my changed override them. I know
Allan has something on the todo to manage this but it's not short term.