[TxMt] Latex and pstricks

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Thu Jan 12 08:17:41 UTC 2006

Tom Vawter wrote:
> I've been playing with Textmate's latex capabilities and I am impressed.
> But I am unable to get any graphics.  Here is an example (TMExample):

[snip]

> Out of this I get a rectangle in the viewer saying:
>
> Can’t show picture #1 because TMExample-pics.pdf not found. Create it
> from TMExample.dvi using dvips and ps2pdf!
>
> I am not sure what to do with this.

I don't know much about postscript drawing, but is it possible that it
wouldn't work because of TextMate using pdflatex instead of plain latex?

In that case you might want to play around with the Shell variable TEX
in TextMate. You should try setting it to "latexmk.pl"[1] or "latex".
This will cause TextMate to use that command as the latex command
(latexmk.pl is included in the distribution of TextMate).

To set that variable, go to TextMate's preferences, select the Advanced
tab and then click on the Shell Variables button. Changes take effect
immediately.

Jeroen.

[1]: http://www.phys.psu.edu/~collins/software/latexmk-jcc/