[TxMt] folding patterns and comments

Christopher Creutzig christopher at creutzig.de
Tue Jan 10 12:41:08 UTC 2006

Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> I'm not completely sure, but I don't think you can use scope selectors
> when defining folds.

 That would explain why I haven't managed to do so.  But I do think
folding markers inside comments should be defined completely separate
from those outside comments.  (I'd also like to specify pairs, so if and
end_while don't match, but thanks to snippets, that's less of an issue.)

> But note that the if occuring in the comment might match the
> foldstartmarker, but there would have to be a matching foldstopmarker at
> the same indent level to make it a fold. So I don't think that it would
> show up as a fold.

 I do get a start-of-fold marker.

> I think that if you really want this to work properly, you'll have to
> expand the match more to not only match "if", but also the pattern after it.

 That would have to be a multi-line match, and still catch ordinary
English text in comments.

best regards,
	Christopher