[TxMt] Auto-close markup

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 03:00:03 UTC 2006

I see what you are saying now: my answer was incorrect (when will i
learn :-), and complete tag is anomalously  )

So, my guess is this is an inconsistency introduced by Allen in
responding to people thinking "this is no good for html, i can't even
close tags. So he is trying to expose some more "built-in" and
obvious functionality.

But it is not rational, I agree. I guess the logical thing to do
would be to break out all the functionality pertaining to the current
scope (i.e, add the "gear" menu on the bottom of the automation menu)

That way the things you probably want (pertinent to your context)
will be in the menu, and other stuff as accessible as ever. Trouble
is that this would make the menu clumsy and highly visually confusing
(changing often).

Still, i agree that sticking close-tag on the end is not consistent:
especially when "cmd-shift-<" and other common items are not there:
makes you think you have seen all that is on offer.

Ahh well.
tim