[TxMt] bin or local, and Strict html 4 template only?

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 03:53:31 UTC 2006

>> the button in textmate's terminal usage dialog tries to make an
>> alias to the mate command in usr/bin [...] For me this operation
>> failed (not permitted).
>
> I'll make the command rm -f «dst» first.

cool

> Where people want to keep it seems to depend on personal choice --
> TextMate gives you the choice of all the bin locations in your PATH.
gotcha, i didn't look closely enough, nor expect you generate that
list dynamically from my setup: excellent work.

>> Lots of us probably don't write code which is strict v4, so that
>> might be asking for trouble? maybe transitional as an option?
>
> You should be able to just duplicate the strict template and edit
> the document type.

yeah, but it's a pain.

> Though it's no biggie to add a transitional template to the default
> bundle… but we do want to promote good coding practices :)

Strict sets people's browsers into a take no prisoners mode that is
very unforgiving of poor html: it is basically asking for lots of
pages to break with no good reason.

Also, you can stick an advert for textmate in the template. what
would suit me is below.

<head>
	<title></title>
	<!-- Date:		 Friday January 06 2006 -->