[TxMt] textmate + smb = kernal panic?

d. vinay dixit vinayd at mac.com
Tue Feb 14 02:35:16 UTC 2006

this morning and just now, I got a 'you must restart' message (on
10.4.3 and 10.4.4) doing a save in textmate to a samba-mounted drive.

I am having trouble deciphering the console messages, eg:

"/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/
SystemUIServer: The function CGSCreateDictionary is obsolete and will
be removed in a Tiger update. Unfortunately, this app, or a library
it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing
to an overall degradation of system performance."

(this is repeated several times for various other items such as
CGSDictionarySetObjectForKey, CGSSetGStateAttribute, et al)

I suspect the crashes have to do with the configuration of the smb
share itself, but wanted to know if anyone else has had/can replicate
this problem?

I cannot find any references to textmate in the logs, fyi, but it
only happens using that app (eg, using emacs locally and saving the
same files doesn't crash).

cheers!