[TxMt] HTML Tag Completion

Matt Zollinhofer matt.zollinhofer.junk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 15:32:05 UTC 2006

Rob-
I think you may have missed typed a bit.  I think you meant to say
"when I _open_ a paragraph tag I would like textmate to automatically
create a closing tag for me."  I think that's how dreamweaver works.
Anyway, I don't think textmate works in that same way.  As Niko said,
using ctrl-< (also written: ctrl-shift-,) will create opening and
closing tags and allow you to fill in whatever you need and then hit
tab and you jump in between the tags, hit tab again and jump to the
end of the tags.

You mentioned that at the end of the screencast he did just what you
wanted to do.  It looks like he was using tab completion on ul and
li.  Which is a question I have, I don't have those tab completions
in the HTML bundle.  Does everyone just create them for themselves or
am I missing?  I kind of expected these tab completions that aren't
there:  p, a, span, ul, and li.  Any thoughts?

Matt