[TxMt] R html help

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Dec 20 08:36:24 UTC 2006

On 20 Dec 2006, at 06:16, Paul Levine wrote:

> Hi Textmate gurus,
>
> I have only been messing around with Textmate for a few days now,
> but I am incredibly impressed, and I can see why it is called "the"
> text editor for Mac.
>
> I had been using TeXshop for LaTeX (which is still a great program,
> but not nearly as powerful as Textmate), R.app for stats and
> numerical programming in R, and the X11-based idlde for IDL
> programming, and now I am glad to be switching to Textmate for all
> those needs.
>
> One thing I am having trouble with, however, is getting the html R
> help to appear.  When I select a valid R command (one for which help
> (command) in R would bring up the html help page for that command),
> no help file opens, and the returned tool tip says:
>
> /tmp/temp_textmate.eOPTfa:8:in `require': No such file to load -- /
> Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/
> current_word (LoadError)
> 	from /tmp/temp_textmate.eOPTfa:8
>

> I am no scripter, but I looked in the bundle editor at this
> command, and it is a pretty serious looking ruby script.  Will I
> have to learn ruby to figure out what is going on here?  or is it
> possibly something much more simple that I am overlooking?
>
> The first few lines of the ruby script (after the shebang and a
> comment) are as follows:
>
> require "#{ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"]}/lib/exit_codes"
> require "#{ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"]}/lib/escape"
> require "#{ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"]}/lib/web_preview"
> require File.join(ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"], "lib/current_word")
> require 'base64'

Hi Paul,

The point is that the ruby file current_word.rb in /Applications/
TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/ is missing. The
solution would be to get the latest cutting edge version of TM (via
TM preferences), or make a svn checkout for this folder, or just copy
the missing file from http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Support/
lib/ in your local lib folder.

Best,
-Hans