[TxMt] PDFView troubles

Jenny Harrison harrison at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Dec 17 15:53:36 UTC 2006

On Dec 16, 2006, at 8:41 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2006, at 11:49 PM, walter johnson wrote:
>
>> Niels,
>>
>> Works great.  Thanks so much.
>>
> Let me clarify this, because it still doesn't work here. You have
> gotten the "Show in PDFView (pdfsync)" command to work and take you
> to the right page? Is this with TM_LATEX_MASTER set? What is the
> full pathname of the file in question?
>>
>> -walter
>
> Haris

There is still a problem getting PDFView to open on the correct page
when you format.  For me, it opens on the last page that was opened,
not at the current line. Andrea is working on this.

Here is how you get pdfsync to work.  (This is from Andrea's help page)

For TextMate, you can open up the Bundle Editor (Control+Option
+Command+B), select LaTeX and create (or replace the TeXniscope one)
a new item, calling it (for example) "Show in PDFView (pdfsync)".
Insert the following as the commands:

# If TM_LATEX_MASTER is not set use TM_FILEPATH
: ${TM_LATEX_MASTER:=$TM_FILEPATH}

# Switch to the right directory
cd "${TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY:-$TM_DIRECTORY}"
cd "$(dirname "$TM_LATEX_MASTER")"

FILE="$TM_LATEX_MASTER"
SCRIPT="$(find_app PDFView.app)/Contents/MacOS/gotoline.sh"

if [[ -x "$SCRIPT" ]]; then
	"$SCRIPT" &>/dev/console "$TM_LINE_NUMBER" "${FILE%.tex}.pdf"
	open -a PDFView.app
else
	echo "Unable to locate PDFView."
fi