[TxMt] GDTalt: a problem and a request

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Dec 7 01:13:26 UTC 2006

On Dec 6, 2006, at 7:02 PM, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> (Now Haris you will say: my fault, since nothing is expected to
> work with extraneous text. Anyway)

Well, sort of, I thought it would have worked just fine with the
extraneous text, but it turns out I had been away from the code for
too long. All the line information is created on the fly by the
objects themselves, and they are not aware of the extra lines. So one
would need to add these extra "non-active" lines to the whole
infrastructure, and just make them do nothing other than sit there.
All this require considerable changes in the code and will take me
some time. I would bet that the "Actions -> Archive Completed"
command would also fail for you, since it uses the infrastructure to
generate the file contents, fix the numbering of notes etc. It will
likely remove all these extra lines you've added, if I am not mistaken.

I therefore would discourage you from using such lines for the time
being, and I gather it will be a while until I am able to fix this.
It is not a simple fix at all.

Haris