[TxMt] GDTalt: a problem and a request

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 00:02:28 UTC 2006

Hi Haris

Trouble: I do the following.
1-quit and relaunch tm (just to be sure)
2-create a New from template GTD file, the default Sample is ok
3-save as untitled.gtd on the desktop
4-add some garbage text at the top of the file (before the first project).
(Now Haris you will say: my fault, since nothing is expected to
work with extraneous text. Anyway)
5-execute the Current Actions command; it works
perfectly.
6-click on an action in the HTML window: the WRONG action
is selected in the gdt window. The selected lined is off
by the number of extraneous added lines, so this must be some
simple problem in the ruby script. I know it's my fault, but
surely you know how to fix it easily.....

Request: what about recurring events/actions?
I know, you will say GTD is not for this kind of
stuff, we have remind (or iCal) etc etc, but, please?
Let me show you an example: a permanent project
"pay taxes". I can put in it all kind of recurrent taxes;
each one has a due date, which is the same every year;
moreover, I would like to remember about it in advance,
say, two weeks. It would be so nice to just write e.g.
2006-12-20+1Ya2W
which means, due on December 20, every year, please
start nagging me 2 weeks in advance.
Maybe this is pushing too much the GTD bundle? (but
it should certainly be a pleasure to code ;)

Thanks,
Piero