[TxMt] Re: LaTeX: feature suggestions for the LaTeX bundle.

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 3 22:07:11 UTC 2006

On 3-dec-2006, at 22:48, Jacob Rus wrote:

> Maarten Sneep wrote:
>> I scan the whole line where the insertion point is, and open the
>> first one I find. A variation of the command opens all referenced
>> files in the current document. For the graphics you may want to
>> perform some additional trickery (people who use metapost may want
>> the source of the image, rather than the pdf -- and some more
>> name- mangling may be needed).
>
> Well, in my opinion, it's much better to set the key equivalent to
> ⌅, and then only work within the scope of the "\include...".  That
> way we don't need to use up any other keyboard shortcuts.  Also, ⌅
> is pretty much the norm for opening whatever thing the caret is
> currently on.

Well, when I originally wrote all this (for BBEdit) I didn't assign
any keyboard shortcuts. Especially the open all in current file is a
command that can easily be run from a menu, and even "open
selection" (when patched to correct for the TeX idiosyncrasies) can
reside in the file menu (and have a global scope from there). I don't
think that open selection is so important to warrant a really short,
and easily overloaded ⌅ shortcut.

Maarten