[TxMt] Re: wrap a word into quotes

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Wed Aug 30 18:37:26 UTC 2006

On Aug 30, 2006, at 2:24 PM, guerom00 wrote:

> I tried that but it does not seem to work...
> Actually, while testing, I have noticed that
> for a plain text document, only (), {} and []
> seems to work for me...
> So now, I'm wondering if there's not a bug here...
>
> But I still would like very much to be able to do
> it via the ⌃W trick :)

I got it to work (mostly). I added the following to a new
"Preferences" section of my personal bundle:

{ smartTypingPairs = ( ( '«', '»' ) ); }

…and gave it a scope of "text". It doesn't work in PHP scopes unless
I add "source" to the scope, and even then, it doesn't work in Mail
scopes (text.mail.markdown and text.html.markdown). Maybe there is a
bug?

Rob