[TxMt] Re: Using an alternate Python?

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Sat Aug 19 19:39:29 UTC 2006

On Aug 19, 2006, at 3:26 PM, Jacob Rus wrote:

> Steve Lianoglou wrote:
>> Does that MacPython package still Seg Fault when navigating
>> through a "prefixed" command history?
>> For instance, say you're in the python shell and you type:
>> matrix =
>> then hit up-arrow to get commands from your history that started
>> with that "matrix =" prefix. When I would find one, then hit down
>> arrow I'd get a seg fault. Maybe it happened when I didn't find a
>> completion ... perhaps both, sorry, it's been a while.
>
> I can't duplicate this, so it may have been fixed since you had
> problems with it.  I usually use iPython when I need an interactive
> shell, however, and have never had this problem.

Hmm .. interesting ... I actually only noticed it when I started to
use ipython since that's when I really started using the interactive
shell in any serious way.

We even had a recent email to the ipython list about this very issue
(it causes a Bus Error, not a Seg Fault, sorry).

I'll try installing it again to see what's cooking.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.
-steve