[TxMt] [ANN] TabMate 1.1 released

John Yeates textmate at warmvomit.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 20:34:12 UTC 2006

On Aug 18, 2006, at 09:24, Håkan Waara wrote:
> The problem is that TextMate themes and font settings are not part
> of such modelines - the metadata that describes what kind of file
> we're dealing with. So, in order for TabMate to know what theme you
> want in different languages, some kind of preference panel, or
> configuration file would be needed.

Actually, it *would* be nice to have a way of setting a theme for an
individual language - maybe a menu on the bottom next to the language
selector (we're running out of space down there, though!). This would
be better as a TextMate function rather than TabMate.

Selecting a theme when editing a particular language could cause that
theme to appear automatically when editing in that language, in much
the same way that TextMate remembers the tab settings for individual
languages. Changing theme in Preferences would presumably just change
the theme for languages that haven't had an override set.

Anyone else like this / think it's stupid?

--
JY