[TxMt] Looking for the equivalents to some Emacs commands

Jonas Steverud jtvrud at bredband.net
Mon Aug 7 19:46:45 UTC 2006

6 aug 2006 kl. 13.15 skrev Joe Thornber:

> On 06/08/06, Jonas Steverud <jtvrud at bredband.net> wrote:
[...]
>> 1. A very handy feature of Emacs is the just-one-space command;
[...]
> I had a go at writing this for you, the only problem with it is that
> the cursor doesn't move, so if you've deleted a lot of whitespace you
> will find the cursor in one of the following words.

Thank you, but since TextMate does not move the cursor, whichever
implementation that is used is useless. :-(

I assume this could be solved with Applescript, depending on how
scriptable TM is, but I don't think it is worth the effort at the
moment.

(Alan, please consider this as a request for the possibility to move
the cursor in a command - if no such feature exists that we have
missed.)

Thanks for the feedback, I still consider the problems unsolved
though (I haven't had time to test Soryu's solution to the first
problem). :-)

/Jonas

PS. I maybe should mention why I would like the soft wrap; I have
some files  that consists of very long nested lists and this impact
the file size quite a bit. I think, from the top of my head, that I
could reduce the file size with about a kbyte for some of the files.
Whitespace has value to me but as soon as the file leaves me, the
whitespace gets a negative value. It is not worthless as it actually
adds a price for the user - longer download time and larger caches.
The price is low but it is not zero!