[TxMt] Un-smart typing of '

cormullion at mac.com cormullion at mac.com
Sun Aug 6 18:18:19 UTC 2006

On 2006-08-06, at 18:31, Michael Sheets wrote:

>> Another question I can't solve on my own. When I type ' - a single
>> quote - I don't want to see a closing one inserted automatically
>> (this is Lisp, after all). The newLISP language bundle has this:
>
> I'm betting you made a copy of the Lisp bundle to do this, meaning
> you copied over the old cruft that's inside it. Preference items
> need to be not in the language grammar but rather in a separate
> scoped preference item. This is the issue here, since there is no
> scope on the preference items the default preferences from the
> Source bundle are taking over.

Thanks, Michael. Yes, I believe I started off with a modified version
of the Lisp bundle that had already had a first pass of the cruft-
removal-mechanism, but of course it's hard when you're a new
TextMater.... Another pass is required, obviously.

> I'll commit a fix to the built-in Lisp bundle to fix it there.

OK - since I'm working on the newLISP bundle I can keep them
separate, hopefully, and learn from the experts as I go!

--
(<http://newlisper.blogspot.com/>)