[TxMt] Weirdest bug ever.

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Aug 4 15:43:04 UTC 2006

On 4/8/2006, at 0:19, Steve Lianoglou wrote:

> [...] So I [Right Click > New File ...] on my python folder in the
> project drawer and enter the name for the file "utils.py" and hit
> Create.

This sheet also has a destination folder for the file you are
creating. By default it should be that of the selected folder in the
project drawer, but my guess is that somehow it wasn’t (or there were
multiple selections or similar in the project folder.)

> The file opens up and *bang* there's a mess load of code in it. In
> fact, it was code from another utils.py file that is somewhere
> (very far away) on my HD. [...]

If the file created already exists, it does not create a new one, but
just “loads” that one. So I think the problem was that the
destination folder was just set to where you had the existing utils.py.

Don’t let the structure in the project drawer fool you when you
manually create files from inside TM: they are always added to the
selected folder, or folder with the current selected file, or root,
regardless of where they were actually created on disk (will change.)