[TxMt] Double-Click on Brackets Selects Enclosing Brackets and Possible Shifting Bug

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Apr 28 05:18:20 UTC 2006

On 27/4/2006, at 16:03, Paul Mucur wrote:

> I see in the archives that Ke Han asked for a "bracket matching
> feature" [...] but that the only way to reproduce this behaviour is
> via the shift-cmd B "Select Enclosing Brackets" command.
>
> Is there any way for me to implement this behaviour [...]

You could write a plug-in that intercepts double-clicks and translate
them to shift-cmd B, if that is what you mean by “any way for [you]
to implement this”.

But otherwise, no. Btw: the accessibility API can be used to query
the word under the mouse cursor, this is how Tiger’s floating
dictionary works.

> On another note, I have noticed what I believe is a bug when
> shifting lines left and right: [...]

This is just how it currently works. It likely will change, but post
2.0.