[TxMt] Double-Click on Brackets Selects Enclosing Brackets and Possible Shifting Bug

Paul Mucur mudge at waferbaby.com
Thu Apr 27 14:03:48 UTC 2006

(I am using TextMate 1.5.1 (961) on Mac OS X 10.4.6.)

I see in the archives that Ke Han asked for a "bracket matching
feature" on 8th March (http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/
2006-March/008927.html) wherein a user could double-click on a
bracket to select the enclosing content (ala BBEdit) but that the
only way to reproduce this behaviour is via the shift-cmd B "Select
Enclosing Brackets" command.

Is there any way for me to implement this behaviour as I would
greatly appreciate being able to select the contents of an entire
bracket so easily? If not, is there any chance of it appearing in a
future release of TextMate? My main use would be to quickly identify
where the closing (or opening) bracket for some code lies.

On another note, I have noticed what I believe is a bug when shifting
lines left and right:

Shifting a line to the left moves the cursor one character to the
right and shifting a line to the right shifts the cursor one
character to the left when I expected the cursor to remain relatively
stationary. More noticeably, this means that if the cursor was at the
end of the line and the user shifts left, the cursor goes to the next
line.

Thanks in advance,

-- Paul