[TxMt] scope to the left of caret?

Quinn Comendant quinn at strangecode.com
Thu Apr 20 19:07:02 UTC 2006

>> Shouldn't the current scope be set to "that text which is currently
>> being typed?"
>
>Well, for constructs with an open/close character, not always, e.g.:
[...]

Yes, I suppose that makes sense. If you used a block caret (like the
Terminal) it would overlap the chars on the right.

Any way you can think of resurrecting the scope of the char left of
caret? My need is to know when I'm typing $a_php_variable and my cursor
is at the end. I tried defining a scope match patter with a look-behind
pattern, but couldn't get it working.