[TxMt] scope to the left of caret?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Apr 17 20:09:34 UTC 2006

On 16/4/2006, at 7:55, Quinn Comendant wrote:

> Shouldn't the current scope be set to "that text which is currently
> being typed?"

Well, for constructs with an open/close character, not always, e.g.:

    /* comment */
    <tag attr="value">
    "quoted string"

But there are (dis)advantages with both. See my longer comments (and
reasoning) here:

    http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2006-April/
009681.html

> Either way, maybe you setup a pseudo selector to specify
> which side of the caret to use, for example:

A pseudo-selector might be a good solution. It does currently clash a
bit with the canonical notion of a scope, e.g. there is a TM_SCOPE
variable which gives the current scope, which will not alone be
enough to decide a match then, if such pseudo selector was introduced.

But I will give it some thoughts.