[TxMt] Multiline Folding?

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Wed Apr 19 13:53:03 UTC 2006

> I want to be able to fold on the line before the opening brace
> "{" . But I haven't been able to come up with a foldingStartMarker
> that works for it.
>
> My guess is that the foldingMarkers are stuck on single line mode.

Yeah, all matches in TextMate are limited to a single line. Any more
and you'd have to re-evaluate too much every single keypress, just
too much to process. The only solution I've heard allan talk about is
something like a two stage regex, it would match one regex and then
only watch for the second regex on the following line. But I wouldn't
expect anything like that for a long while I bet.

As for your issue, the only way I can see it working is just wrapping
on the {}, but it does make it two lines rather than the one.